Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Where our stories begin.......

I have been in the US Navy for over 27 years.  In that time, I have seen many different places; seen many different people and cultures.  All while I was surrounded by a cross section of US American youth.  Some educated on the streets.  Some educated in college; from rich and poor families; Enlisted and Officers. 
Bottom Line:  I was surrounded by US Sailors, Airman and Soliders.  Each and every one a unique person who has taught me some lesson.  They have taught me many things about life.  How I think.  How I react.  How I live my life.  Most of these lessons were not taught in school.  Many more will never would never see the light of day in a classroom.  But all are lessons of life and leadership.  The kind of lessons you only acquire leading people, dealing with the messy stuff of life.  All of these lessons will help you gain experience and become the foundational blocks of you. 
My foundational blocks permeate my mind with stories which I have decided to write down.

I hope you enjoy the stories..... I have enjoyed collecting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment